Thursday, June 14, 2012

Addiction to Thrifting

Am I the only one that loves garage sales and thrift shops? I doubt it! LOL

There is something about "the hunt" for that perfect thing, the cool knick knack, the wheeling and  dealing plus the fact that you save TONS of money!

I can't wait to get out on the weekends to check out garages sales. They say one man's junk is another man's treasure. How can I disagree? I love finding treasures that I can get for practically nothing and I love the fact that I can get things that are meant for one thing but can repurpose them into something else.

We have all seen pallets being changed into some cool furniture. What about sweaters being change into blankets, or t-shirts into grocery bags and the list goes on and on.

We also have an amazing thrift store nearby that has everything 50% off on Mondays. We have got some cool things and new things there that would cost lots of $$$$$ in any other store but there you can get for such great bargains. I would have to say my best deals there would have been clothes that still have the tags on them for very little money.

There are a few things that I won't buy second hand but there is something about second hand furniture or decor. Everything has a story to it and I think  that is amazing and what makes these things so great. Think about a kitchen table with scratches on it....who used it before? Was it a family with a couple kids? How many great conversations were talked about over dinner? If only things could talk, I am sure they would have so much to say.

Lost of people frown upon not buying new, I frown up spending money on things I can get for a decent price that I can afford. I don't see the point of keeping up with the Jones's and I am not like that.

So...til the weekend and the many garage sales!

6 comments:

  1. Guilty...Love garage sales...Went this morning and found a few treasures! ( = I'm with you I also don't see the point of keeping up with the Jones's...It amazes me that people frown upon thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I went today and got some great deals as well! We pretty much buy everything second hand...with some exceptions of course. I can't see the point of spending retail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate hate hate walking into a store and see the high prices...I love garage sales and hitting the resale shops. I have got so many awesome deals...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. It is funny, my husband and I will look in the sales flyers at things and say nope, we can get whatever it is for cheaper. It may take a while to find it but we have gotten so amazing deals. Another great place is FreeCycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree 100%. Garage sales and thrift!!!

    ReplyDelete