Monday, June 25, 2012

Homemade All Purpose Cleaner


I have to admit that I am now addicted to making all of my cleaners and they are all AMAZING!!!!

I have been doing this for a while now and I keep trying new recipes and tweaking them to what I like.

I love this recipe for All Purpose Cleaner, so much that I make it by the gallon!

Here is the recipe I use:



13 cups of water (boiled)

2 cups of Vinegar

Mix the two together and let cool put in a gallon jug or jar with a wide mouth.

Add to that 4 lemons cut up with the peelings.

Let set for 2 weeks and then remove the lemons.

Pretty easy and it works great.

Variations:

You can use oranges, limes or lemons or a combination of them or you can just use the peelings of these fruit. It is all personal preference really. I love lemon and use the complete lemon. It smells so good and works so great!

Total cost per gallon: 1.00$$$

How can you beat that????

5 comments:

  1. Excellent - thanks - one of the easiest I've seen - now just to find the right container for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! It is sooo easy and so good. We love it. We use it in the bathroom, we do the floors with it. Just can't say enough about it. Most of the recipes I saw just called for the peelings and pure vinegar but this was a total experiment as we had a couple lemons that were going to go bad so I threw them in and my husband and I just love it!

      Delete
  2. I love this type of cleaner. A similar recipe was my most popular blog post! When we make it we put the rinds directly into the vin, soak for a couple weeks, and then halve that mix + water in indiviidual spray bottles. Works well for everything! I even use it as a cleaner for fruits and veggies. :)
    Visiting via Raising Homemakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! It cleans so good and smells great. The recipe that I saw was with just the rinds but I had a couple lemons that were going bad so I used them and well...now it is the cleaner of preference! :-)

      Delete
  3. Really need to make this! I would love for you to share it on my first ever blog hop! http://offthegridat-30.blogspot.ca/2012/07/frugal-i-made-it-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete